Monday, July 7, 2008

We're Married!

We got married on June 9, 2008 at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, Jekyll Island, Georgia. The ceremony was held outside on the Riverfront Lawn under large old oak trees dripping with spanish moss. It was a small wedding with mostly close family and our friend Rose whom we first met in Japan. It was a bit hot, but I'm glad to report that nobody melted. The pictures below are from the professional photographer, but later I may add some from other sources. If you have photos from the wedding, please e-mail them to me.

Daniel is now working as a staff writer for the local newspaper. I have just designed a house over the weekend and am very proud of it. I hope to work out the costs of materials and labor over the next few days, and determine how near in the future we might build it. We went to MN for a second reception and returned a week ago, so we haven't had much time to cool our heels yet.

While I'm trying my best to return emails and update photos, please forgive me if it is slow. Besides busy events, my car is giving me troubles and the internet at home is almost always disagreeable and may be cut off in the very near future. We would be happy to receive calls, visits or mail anytime though, so don't hesitate.
-Brooke Lauer

No comments: