Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Update

Daniel and I both celebrated birthdays this month. My birthday on Sunday was spent visiting my brother Johnny in KY with Eli and Mom, and then the long drive back home. Eli enjoyed meeting his Great-Grandmother, Great-Great-Aunt Joan and Uncle Ed, his Great-Aunt Ellen and second cousins Emily and Sarah and other relatives at the Mitchell-Edwards store in Greensburg, KY. We came to visit while Cow Days was going on in Greensburg so we went to play at the festival in Mom and Ellen's hometown. Daniel most awesomely finished putting up baseboard around the house while we were gone and took care of the family mini farm. (The chickens are laying eggs!) We are getting ready for the cooler weather by getting our portable orchard in a more permanent home around our yard (except for the mangos, avocado, and grapefruit which will come inside for the winter). Also, we will be moving the fish inside soon.

Eli is changing so much everyday, he smiles more often and holds his head up quite well now. He is getting closer to sitting on his own and is very strong. He has taken to holding on to blankets or towels and pulling them over his face and peeking out from behind them. Holding a blanket seems to make him instantly sleepy, a trick we are glad to know! Though most of the time, he has become a good sleeper through the night, knock on wood.

2 days ago on my birthday I made up my mind to write or illustrate every single day of my 30th year. So today I will write my Day 3 entry. Because I can't be a writer if I don't write. I've got a plan and I'm sticking to it. The hardest part is to have a schedule and make time. I thought the perfect time would be around 8pm every night, but I forgot that Daniel often has meetings to cover at that time during the week, and Eli won't be ignored (not that I'd want to). So it may take some figuring out, and the schedule may vary depending on the day, but I will make the time. Just like I have to get a shower or eat dinner everyday, I have to write.

No comments: